Now, after 70 years my passion is to give back, to walk beside others who also feel the inner impetus to rediscover who they are, where they are going, how they can do that and why.
The years have included a 33 year marriage, two children and three grandchildren, overseas travel – spiritual adventures, academic study and working with my husband to clear the land and build two homes literally from the ground up. Also two experiences of cancer, the last resulting in the removal of a lung which as you can imagine, brought much change in my values and levels of gratitude for life.
There has been the gift of wisdom fostered through interactions with many, many students, clients, affiliates and fellow travelers and woven through all of this has been the benefit of a regular meditation practice.
I now find myself with a passionate commitment to give back to mature women through the Wisdom Heart program
To begin what feels like the culmination of my work, which is the re-empowerment of mature aged women within all walks of life to acknowledge the innate value of their life feels a profound gift and blessing.
‘Hold your dignity gently.’
At present I co-facilitate six month Meditation Facilitation courses at Trans Genesis School of Yoga & Meditation in Perth and the Wisdom Heart program for mature women.
- Diploma in Acupuncture
- Certificate IV in Mentoring and Life Coaching
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- Certified ‘Print’ Coach
- Certified NLP Practitioner
Relevant Work Experience:
- Assistant to the Government Ornithologist at the National Museum of Victoria – 4 ½ years
- Bearing Service organization – office administration – 2 years
- Yoga Teacher and administration at Anad School of Yoga – 2 years
- Co-ordinator of the Hatha Yoga department and the Centers Office, assistant to the Manager of a large international Meditation center – 7 years
- Teaching Hatha Yoga and Learn to Meditate courses at –
Department of Adult Education
Many Community Centers
Department of Corrections – maximum security section
Turana Youth Correction Center
Department of Corrections staff
Conzinc Rio Tinto
Private schools for senior students to manage exam stress
Privately – over a period of 30+ years
- Facilitating at large Personal Development events interstate and overseas
- Founding Member of the Australian Natural Health Care Directory and Body Mind, Spirit events in Melbourne
- Co-manager of the Mt Eliza Wellness Centre – 2 years
- Facilitating Personal Development classes and workshops under the auspices of the Insight Foundation in both Melbourne and Perth – 13 years
- Transformational Mentor and Life Coach – 10 years
- Assessor and Trainer for the Global Coaching Academy – 5 years
- Volunteer Work within the Community
Meals on Wheels – 2 years
Teach Migrants English – 1 year
Cosmosis Mentoring Centre – 13 years
International Coach Federation – 5 years
Toast Masters – Mentoring supervisor – 1 year